Damon J Ezekiel
Optometrist and Director, B Optom (UNSW) FAAO, FCLSA
Damon graduated from the University of New South Wales with a Bachelor of Optometry in 1989. In addition to owning and managing Ezekiel Eyes, Damon is a contact lens consultant to various research organisations. Damon regularly lectures and conducts workshops in contact lens practice throughout Australia, Asia and the United States. In particular, he teaches the fitting of all types of rigid gas permeable contact lenses, including Orthokeratology, scleral lenses, and soft bifocal, multi-focal and cosmetic contact lenses.In 2014 Damon taught at the Vietnam National Institute of Ophthalmology in Hanoi, on behalf of the charity organisation Sight For All. Damon treats patients with conditions such as Keratoconus, as well as those who are post graft and post refractive surgery. He also regularly treats children following operations for congenital cataracts.
Damon’s professional associations include:
- Member of the Australian Optometric Association
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry
- Fellow of the Contact Lens Society of Australia
- Member of the Orthokeratology Society of Australia
- Councillor and Member of the International Society of Contact Lens Specialists
- Member of Alcon Australia advisory panel
- Practising Fellow of the Scleral Lens Education Society
Damon is married with two children and enjoys running, hockey, swimming, piano, travelling and trekking.